Sources close to MKO lobby revealed that the analysis of MKO and their foreign supporters is based on this fact that “positive process of Iran-EU talks would lead to the elimination of MKO and now that their expectations (on talks reaching a deadlock) have not come true they fear that Europeans may soften the stance of the US. So, in order to disrupt the talks, they should make Iran angry so that it returns from European side and stops talks
Following the theater of terrorist MKO at the European parliament, Irandidban has analyzed the issue. In this regard sources close to MKO lobby revealed:
the analysis of MKO and their foreign supporters is based on this fact that “positive process of Iran-EU talks would lead to the elimination of MKO and now that their expectations (on talks reaching a deadlock) have not come true they fear that Europeans may soften the stance of the US. So, in order to disrupt the talks, they should make Iran angry so that it returns from European side and stops talks.
Now, we invite you to read the whole document:
For years, Mojahedin-e khalq have been in contact with MPs and representatives of different Parties. This has always been a priority for MKO and their occasional meetings are not new.
Of course, it’s rather a “political game” than a political game and Mojahedin can use its formal aspects to compensate lack of popularity among Iranians (inside and abroad) and can use it to buy credibility for itself!
This move is formal, since it’s clear that MKO’s contacts with figures and personalities during past 20 years have not brought credibility for it. Instead, their position has degraded from a known political-military group in 80s to a terrorist group and they have not been able to hide their degeneracy from political observers by such moves.
On the other hand, MKO’s relations with some politicians and MPs have never been based on reality, but they have been based on different parameters such as directing parliamentarian figures by intelligence-espionage services. Personal interests have always been involved in continuation and expansion of these relations.
So, MKO’s relation with Parliamentarians and journalists are neither new nor important. But why do Mojahedin call Maryam Rajavi’s meeting (at the European parliament) a great victory?
Before discussing the issue, it’s necessary to note that:
1. Members of all parliaments, including European parliament, can invite the people they like to the Parliament.
2. Maryam Rajavi was at the European Parliament as a viewer; each and every reporter, journalist or interested person can enjoy this advantage.
3. The meeting in which Rajavi took part was one of series of similar meetings held in her residential area and participants were known figures whose support of this terrorist group is not new.
4. Victory is a term which has been changed and manipulated by Mojahedin. For instance, being given protected status in Iraq is considered a victory for them!!
But going to European Parliament at this time and situation has been done desperately in order to disrupt Iran-EU talks. Mojahedin terrorists have brought their top element to make their dream real.
Sources close to MKO lobby revealed that the analysis of MKO and their foreign supporters is based on this fact that “positive process of Iran-EU talks would lead to the elimination of MKO and now that their expectations (on talks reaching a deadlock) have not come true they fear that Europeans may soften the stance of the US. So, in order to disrupt the talks, they should make Iran angry so that it returns from European side and stops talks.
On the other hand, they should put European statesmen at fait accompli to accuse them, so that they will have to support the acts of a member of parliament.
Of course the roots of this analysis refer to this fact that the leader of Mojahedin considers an influential role for herself in the Iranian scene. So, they want to expand this view and introduce themselves as important among Iranian officials.
We immediately saw that some Iranian agencies – in response to the Reuter’s dispatch (which was skillfully designed to instigate)- accused Europeans of deception. For instance, Fars News Agency wrote:
“According to Fars News Agency, while the EU has announced Monafiqin (MKO) as a terrorist organization, Reuters has reported of Maryam Rajavi’s meeting at the European Parliament.”
This meeting was not formal and the speech (by Maryam) was not delivered in the public court of the Parliament and the hosts were 3 known supporters of MEK.
But regarding the effect of this move, we can look at it from two angles:
- Either, as Mojahedin and their leader Maryam Rajavi say, Europeans don’t know what to do and are at dilemma on deciding between dialogue and military action against Iran or they should choose the third way which is to remove MKO from terror list and to support them. In this regard, it should be said that categorizing MKO as a terrorist entity has not been done overnight to be able to get it out of list by a request from the Parliament. Designation of Mojahedin is a result of watching the group carefully for more than 23 years.
Europe also recalls when Mojahedin were busy with their terrorist operations- when they were not isolated like today, and were supported by Iraq, but ignoring their terrorist acts didn’t help them.
At that time, Europeans- knowing that MKO acts by relying on terrorism, not by relying on public support- examined Mojahedin, but they couldn’t do what they had promised.
So, one should say to Maryam Rajavi and her supporters that it’s a bit (23 years) late for supporting this group!
- If we accept that European statesmen know what they are doing (of course they know), their use of MKO is at the level of leverage whose expiration date is the length of talks. We saw that some members of this group were allowed in Brussels to gather at the building where the meeting of foreign ministers (of EU) and Iranian representatives was held!
Anyway, a game card always remains a card and European statesmen are not that silly to replace game cards by the actors; that’s why they offered to keep MKO in terror list to create more interest in the Iranian side.
At the end we should note that European Union is determined to expand its ties with Iran and by political-economical reasons, the way it has chosen has no return; but concentrating on Mojahedin can create the chance for showing the emptiness of their slogans, to prove their inefficiency in Iran’s political-social scene. As we saw earlier MKO’s lobby in the US congress ordered the government to provide a report about the group and that report led to designating it as a terrorist organization.
What is clear, and Mojahedin are well aware of it, is this fact that they (Mojahedin) can never live, even a day, without the help of foreign powers. This fact has not been hidden from European statesmen and politicians.
Dr. Raz Zimmt investigates Iranian social media responses to the annual conference of Mojahedin-e Khalq, an Iranian opposition group whose support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War remains a searing...
For decades, Western empires have waged a silent war against Iran, using tactics ranging from supporting known terrorist groups to deposing the country’s leaders and leveraging regional rivalries. The war...