Marwan Moasher, Jordanian Foreign Minister, in an interview with Asharq Al-Awsat, about the relations of his country
Marwan Moasher, Jordanian Foreign Minister, in an interview with Asharq Al-Awsat, about the relations of his country with Iran and the role of Jordan between the U.S. and Iran, answered some questions:
- Jordan had a role between Iran and the U.S. and you visited Tehran and King Abdullah transferred Iran's views to the U.S. Did you really have any roles to close the two sides to each other?
- We support the relations of two countries. Iran is a neighbor of Iraq and Iraqi neighbors held several meetings and this indicates that events in the region affects all the countries in the region and apart from political divisions, we believe that there should be talks among the Iraqi neighboring countries; since some affairs are regional such as the sovereignty of Iraq. Iran is a very important government in the region and we want the coordination be performed about Iraq.
- Did you transfer any responses from the U.S. to Iran?
- No, we didn’t since we don’t want to play the role of a mediator and Iran also has not asked us to do so and we only delivered to the U.S. what we had heard in Iran.
- It's been said that King Abdullah's recent visit to Washington has had important effects on the relations of these two countries since Iran has decided to extradite Al-Qaeda members and Jordan also wants to give MKO members to Iran. Is this right?
- Media have published many things about deals based on exchange of MKO-Qaeda members, but there's no deal and we won't extradite MKO members who are now in Al-Royshed camp.
Joseph Lieberman, long regarded as the “Republicans’ favorite Democrat” because of his militarist foreign affairs agenda and support for a number of right-wing domestic policies, represented Connecticut initially as a...
Representing families of Iranian victims of terrorism, Habilian Association organized a conference themed “Iran victim of terrorism; From MEK to ISIS” on the occasion of national day of combating terrorism...
Dr. Raz Zimmt investigates Iranian social media responses to the annual conference of Mojahedin-e Khalq, an Iranian opposition group whose support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War remains a searing...