Sheikh Aghil said: "The people of Karbala exterminated all signs of hypocrites of khalq (Mojahedin-e khalq)." pointed to a Fatwa by Mohammed Baqir Sadr and said that a man from Diali Province had asked him about selling a part of his land to MKO and that whether it was legal under the rules of Islam and Sadr had answered that "it is Haram (unlawful)".
Governor General of Karbala
Please introduce yourself
- Dr. Ali Khazali, Governor General of Karbala
You know that when Saddam was in power, unfortunately the presence of the Mojahedin-e khalq in Iraq created some problems. We all know that Mojahedin-e khalq have anti-Shiite position in general and anti-Iraqi government position in particular and that they want to create problems first for the Iraqi government.
Now, regarding the Iraq-Iran relations and the friendship between the two countries, and the fact that the strategy of Iraqi government is to establish good ties with neighboring countries including Iran, how the government wants to approach this terrorist group?
- We believe that there have been a series of security discussions between the two sides and the issue of the MKO has been discussed by the Prime Minister, Interior Minister and the Defense Minister and we believe that this issue will be resolved by talks and discussing the ways presented by two sides. Talks are underway on the issue of MKO and I believe that the government has not ignored it.
Some comments and words in the western media indicate that in the issue of the MKO only the US is decisive and that Iraq government has no role. Is that true?
- If we are supposed to accept the words of some journalists then we have to accept other words in these media that accuse Iran of interfering in Iraq. Is that true? We believe that the will of Iraq people is being reflected in the Iraqi government and that's decisive in security issues and that what goes on without the intervention of powers. And we should also note that according to an agreement in the UN Security Council, the security issues should be resolved jointly by Iraqi security forces and coalition forces.
What do you think about the future of this group in Iraq?
- As the Iraqi delegation has clarified, this visit has opened a new chapter in relations with Islamic Republic and this issue will be solved in a good way.
Thank you very much.
Governor General of Kut
I really welcome you
- In the name of God; Peace be upon Mohammed the prophet and his pure family; I thank God that paved the way for our presence in Khorasan Province and I hope that this is a turning point in the relations of the two Muslim nations after the war imposed on them.
What has been done for pilgrims?
- We hope that a MOU would be signed during Mr. Jafari which facilitates visiting holy sites in the two countries.
Another question is about Mojahedin-e khalq who previously were in Kut province; can you explain it?
- The MKO members were expelled from their place and there's now none of them in Kut province.
What's the viewpoint of Iraqis on Iranians and how do you predict the relations?
- Iranians and Iraqis have strong relations due to their religious commonalities. We are two Muslim nations and the cooperation of the two governments makes it stronger and Iraqi nation will never forget those who help them.
Thanks a lot.
- I thank you too.
The Head of the City Council of Karbala
Sheikh Aghil, the head of Karbala's City Council said: "The people of Karbala exterminated all signs of hypocrites of khalq (Mojahedin-e khalq)."
He pointed to a Fatwa by Mohammed Baqir Sadr and said that a man from Diali Province had asked him about selling a part of his land to MKO and that whether it was legal under the rules of Islam and Sadr had answered that "it is Haram (unlawful)".
Dr. Raz Zimmt investigates Iranian social media responses to the annual conference of Mojahedin-e Khalq, an Iranian opposition group whose support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War remains a searing...
For decades, Western empires have waged a silent war against Iran, using tactics ranging from supporting known terrorist groups to deposing the country’s leaders and leveraging regional rivalries. The war...