Remaining on the list contradicts MKO claim that it was put on the list by Clinton administration in an act of appeasement of the Iranian regime. This notorious group stays on the list while the US administration’s hostility towards Iran has reached its peak. Even, some US officials talk openly of attacking Iran. These officials have tried during past two years to turn Iran’s nuclear program into a political-military issue. So, it can be seen that designating the MKO has nothing to do with politics, but it is related directly to the nature and terrorist activities of the group.
An analysis on updated US terror list:
1. Notorious group of Mojahedin-e khalq has remained on <1>US list of terrorist organizations 2005<1>.
From the beginning of 2005, MKO focused all its overt and covert activities on removal of its names from US terror list as the main obstacle for the survival of the group, but the group experienced a bitter defeat at the end of the year. Although they were informed of the list two months ago, they censored the news for the restricted residents of Camp Ashraf, leaving them to remain hopeful about getting out of the list. This was done in order to decrease internal dissidence and defection process. This move by MKO proves that they apply deception, censorship and fraud in their interaction with even the members and supporters.
2. Remaining on the list contradicts MKO claim that it was put on the list by Clinton administration in an act of appeasement of the Iranian regime. This notorious group stays on the list while the US administration’s hostility towards Iran has reached its peak. Even, some US officials talk openly of attacking Iran. These officials have tried during past two years to turn Iran’s nuclear program into a political-military issue. So, it can be seen that designating the MKO has nothing to do with politics, but it is related directly to the nature and terrorist activities of the group.
While the MKO supported US policies in the region and won the attraction of pentagon officials by repeating Israelis’ claims, US administration saw the group’s history full of terrorist activities and had no way except accepting the reality.
Of course, there is no doubt that recent judgment by the US clarifies its final policy towards determining the fate of MKO in Iraq.
According to the views of the US, Iraq can encounter the terrorist group of MKO according to its constitution and international laws.
3. In contradiction with MKO’s childish lies (that they have focused their efforts on Camp Ashraf), all MKO dealers and lobbyists, who work are working in CIA and Zionist lobbies under the name of National Council of Resistance (NCR), are aware of the deadly situation of the group and working to save it.
Midterm meeting of the Council was held to discuss the causes and effects of new US terror list and that was why they immediately issued “death sentence” for defectors; That was why that the US (MKO remnants’ white hope) turned into “alien” and going to “TIF” was the same as going under the flag of the “aliens”! That was why they suddenly started complaining about colonial policies.
This is the reason why the MKO leaders are correctly called “the mafia, governing the MKO”.
In the midterm meeting of the Council, this mafia heard the agony of the dying group and, in an ungenerous act, decided to keep it in secret from detainees of Camp Ashraf. As Mohsen Rezaee said, “They decided to censor all the contents until the whole overthrow [of the regime].”
4. The content of the 2005 list has some new points:
First, the US has no obligation to review and redisgnate the groups every two year but the groups should prove that the situation, leading to their designation, has totally changed and the US should review their status.
Second, except terrorist activities, forcing people to cooperate (the case for Camp Ashraf residents) or deceiving unaware people to perform terrorist activities (MKO’s human smuggling case) can lead to the designation of a group. The Americans have witnessed these issues closely and this may be a reason for redesignation of the group.
Therefore, one can say that MKO’s deceptions and political tricks can never succeed and they can never fix their political invalidity.
5. MKO dreamed of a US military attack on Iran, with MKO forces backed by US air force breaking the lines of Iranian soldiers. Therefore, they tried by all means (chantage on Iran’s nuclear case, accusing Iran of interfering in Iraq and praising the occupation of that country) to instigate Americans to attack Iran. But, Americans never accepted to support them (even as mercenary forces) and even determined their historical death. So, MKO’s dreams on using anarchy and taking advantage of Iraq’s situation to survive were shattered. From now on, Rajavi’s remnants should think of a new job in Europe and they have no way except changing notorious name of the group and denouncing it, as they did with many of their records in the past.
Spokesman for the Iranian Parliament’s National Security Council said that Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) that has received asylum from France is today supported by the upholders of human rights though...
Iranian Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli called for tougher measures against the Mojahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO, also known as the MEK, PMOI and NCRI) terrorist group by the European Union...