Even according to the international laws and regulations, it's the Iraqi government that should decide about the MKO. Iraqi government may not be able to extradite MKO members to Iran, but expelling them from the country is one of its rights; Iraqi officials have repeatedly stressed this right
Terrorist group of the MKO has claimed that it has submitted its complaints against Adel Abdulmahdi to the coalition forces; this notorious group also claims to have received a response from coalition forces, which indicates that there's no obligation to expel MKO from Iraq and that coalition forces are responsible in this regard.
On the statement of this terrorist organization, it's necessary to mention a few notes:
1. In the response- purported to be from Coalition Forces- it has been emphasized that "there's no obligation to expel MKO members"; this never guarantees the refugee status for the members of the group in Iraq and their presence in this country.
2. In this potential response, it has been stressed that coalition forces are responsible for the group only until "the determination of group's final status"; it also reminds that Iraqi government and the Red Cross would determine group's final fate.
3. Even according to the international laws and regulations, it's the Iraqi government that should decide about the MKO. Iraqi government may not be able to extradite MKO members to Iran, but expelling them from the country is one of its rights; Iraqi officials have repeatedly stressed this right.
4. The process proves again that the MKO's presence in Iraq is only possible with the support of occupiers. Mojahedin, in its statement, introduces US's support as "International regulations"; the group has attacked Iraqi laws in the statement.
5. And what's more important is that such moves from the stupid remnants of Rajavi show their deep fear from Iraqi people and government; this fear has forced them to take their complaint to Uncle Sam and ask him to adopt them.'
6. It should be noted that no pictures of the mentioned letter (claimed to have been received by Sediqeh Husseini from coalition forces) has been presented by MKO yet; even, MKO websites have avoided from publishing the statement of the group in full. This process (regarding MKO's rowdiness) is possibly wholly faked, and it can be guessed that Iraqi government's stance has frightened the MKO. Making fake statements is something usual in the MKO.
Joseph Lieberman, long regarded as the “Republicans’ favorite Democrat” because of his militarist foreign affairs agenda and support for a number of right-wing domestic policies, represented Connecticut initially as a...
Representing families of Iranian victims of terrorism, Habilian Association organized a conference themed “Iran victim of terrorism; From MEK to ISIS” on the occasion of national day of combating terrorism...
Dr. Raz Zimmt investigates Iranian social media responses to the annual conference of Mojahedin-e Khalq, an Iranian opposition group whose support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War remains a searing...